North American Video is the leading System Integrator serving the gaming market and one of the largest independent security integrators in the USA. Our primary focus is designing, selling, installing, and servicing enterprise-class video management systems that are tailored specifically for casino surveillance applications. Our system designs include the integration and installation of access control, POS, building control, and alarm systems in order to provide a complete security and surveillance solution for our customers. We are actively seeking self-starting sales professionals to join our team and help us continue our success across the USA.
This position is primarily responsible for increasing sales within a defined territory by developing and maintaining relationships with customers. Duties include identifying prospective customers, cultivating relationships with new customers, maintaining relationships with existing customers, and closing sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Develops new sales prospects and existing customer opportunities to achieve the sales growth of the Company.
- Makes outbound cold calls with potential customers by telephone and email to establish contact and develop relationships.
- Sets face to face and virtual meetings with potential customers to introduce company offerings and technology.
- Cultivates and nurtures relationships with existing customer base.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Works with internal company staff and vendor contacts to prepare sales quotes.
- Presents sales proposals to customers in a clear and effective manner to facilitate sales.
- Prepares and submits sales reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Travels as required to generate business including prospective customers, current customers, supplier relations and trade shows.
- Manages ongoing customer relationships, engaging the NAV organization to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities. However, the position does interact with the broader organization in order deliver customer satisfaction.
Experience in the Security Industry in general and the US Gaming Market in particular is an advantage but not a requirement, as is demonstrated business success in specific geographical areas.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal communication - Must be able to understand customer needs, communicate effectively, and negotiate in a live sales environment.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Three years sales related experience and/or training
- Security industry, video surveillance, and casino gaming experience a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.